Hey guys! Sorry it’s been so long since an update. I’ve been super busy with school and work and I really have had nothing of interest to share. That said, I want to post something before the week of evil (otherwise known as finals.) So here are some snippets from my recent life.
My sociology project was a resounding success. I made a very high grade, and had some truly fantastic reactions. My three big projects this semester are now done. I finished my Spanish composition and presentation Wednesday. My humongous biology research project was done Thursday, and I received my sociology grade yesterday.
I got all my classes for the spring semester.
I got a new job! I’ll be working with geology students at the school as a supplemental instructor. I’m nervous, but really excited.
Thanksgiving and Halloween were really fun. We went to the bonfire at church for Halloween and I got to hang out with some friends I haven’t seen in awhile. Thanksgiving was different this year because Mom was sick, but somehow my bro and I managed to not blow up the kitchen. In fact, with the exception of dropped pie and a slightly overcooked turkey, it was pretty good! My friend Corina came over and we just chilled and watched football.
Christmas and my birthday are coming up soon. I’ve gotten about half my shopping done. The mall has been absolutely nuts. It’s been hindering me a bit, but the main reason I’m not done is because I’m so busy!
I’m reading a new book, Jane. It’s a modern retelling of Jane Eyre. Mr. Rochester is a rock star and Jane is his nanny. The author, April Lindner, is an English professor who loves the original, so it has actually been pretty faithful to the original so far. The one thing I’m nervous about is that it’s a YA novel. I rarely find a decent YA book that isn’t trashy, but I really really like this one. I’m hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
Peace
Ahh...yes:) The week of evil...
ReplyDeleteSounds like an interesting book. I would never have imagined Rochester as a rock star, personally. But it sounds like a good read.
woohoo... good luck on those finals. BWAHAHA! i wish i could've been there on thanksgiving! me thinks it'd be humorus to watch the happenings in the kitchen. ;)
ReplyDeleteoooh, good luck on your 'jane' book! it sounded really good when you told me about it - hope it doesn't get trashy.